- 1 How do I make a sheet layer in Vectorworks?
- 2 What are sheet layers in Vectorworks?
- 3 How do I create multiple sheets in Vectorworks?
- 4 How do I edit a sheet layer in Vectorworks?
- 5 How do you create a viewport in Vectorworks 2020?
- 6 How do you create a section in Vectorworks?
- 7 What is the difference between classes and layers in Vectorworks?
- 8 How do Layers work in Vectorworks?
- 9 How do you hide a layer in Vectorworks?
- 10 How do I edit a viewport layer?
- 11 How do I change the viewport layer?
- 12 How do I edit a crop in Vectorworks?
- 13 What is a viewport in Vectorworks?
- 14 How do I print a viewport in Vectorworks?
- 15 How do you edit a viewport in Vectorworks?
How do I make a sheet layer in Vectorworks?
1. Select View > Create Viewport.
2. The Create Viewport dialog box opens.
3. Enter the desired parameters and click OK.
4. If a sheet layer does not already exist in the file, the New Sheet Layer dialog box opens automatically to create one.
What are sheet layers in Vectorworks?
Sheet layers are used to create a presentation version of the finalized drawing. This can include viewports, title blocks, notes, and other annotations. Sheets layers are always at a 1:1 scale, Active Only, and set to Top/Plan view (see Creating Sheet Layer Viewports).
How do I create multiple sheets in Vectorworks?
To create multiple viewports simultaneously: Select View > Create Multiple Viewports. The Create Multiple Viewports dialog box opens. Specify the desired viewport scale, views, and angle projection method, and then click OK.
How do I edit a sheet layer in Vectorworks?
1. Select the command or click the View bar button.
2. Select the Sheet Layers tab and the Details view.
3. To change layer properties, select one or more layers and click Edit to open the Edit Sheet Layers dialog box.
How do you create a viewport in Vectorworks 2020?
How do you create a section in Vectorworks?
Right-click (Windows) or Ctrl-click (Mac) to open the context menu. Select View > Create Section Viewport (for a design layer or viewport), or select Create Section Viewport from the context menu (for a clip cube). Draw the section line to create the cutting plane on the design layer or viewport.
What is the difference between classes and layers in Vectorworks?
The class determines the object’s appearance, while the layer determines the object’s location. Classes apply to the entire file and control the visibility of objects.
How do Layers work in Vectorworks?
How do you hide a layer in Vectorworks?
Click the Visibility tool from the Basic palette. From the Tool bar, select Classes or Layers mode. Then select whether to make the object’s class or layer Visible, Invisible, or Greyed. If the class or layer to be changed is currently invisible, ensure that the class or layer options are not set to Active Only.
How do I edit a viewport layer?
1. Select the viewport.
2. From the Object Info palette, click Layers.
3. To override the layer properties (for viewport display), select one or more viewport layers and click Edit.
How do I change the viewport layer?
1. On a layout, double-click inside a layout viewport to make it the current viewport.
2. Click Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. Find.
3. In the Layer Properties Manager, specify the properties to override in the current layout viewport by changing the properties in the following columns: VP Freeze. VP Color.
How do I edit a crop in Vectorworks?
To change, replace, or delete the crop object, select the image and then select Modify > Edit Crop to re-enter Edit Crop mode. Alternatively, right-click (Windows) or Ctrl-click (Mac) and select Edit Crop from the context menu.
What is a viewport in Vectorworks?
A detail viewport is a cropped sheet layer viewport that shows a detail view of any part of a drawing. A detail viewport can be created from a design layer, another sheet layer viewport, or a section viewport.
How do I print a viewport in Vectorworks?
1. VW page set-up & print.
2. Viewport Print set-up > DPI>Page>select >One Page.
3. If possible >Print to PDF >preview.
How do you edit a viewport in Vectorworks?
Select Modify > Edit Viewport. Alternatively, right-click (Windows) or Ctrl-click (Mac) on a viewport, and select Edit from the context menu. The Edit Viewport dialog box opens. The options available depend on whether the viewport is on a sheet layer or design layer (Vectorworks Design Series required).