You can select objects when no command is running and then
select the desired object property on the Object Properties toolbar.
- -when you use this approach you will override the corresponding property that is assigned to these selected objects BYLAYER.
- -for example, you can explicitly assign a color to selected objects.
Objects Not Selected
- You can also select properties from the Object Properties toolbar when there are no objects selected.
- -the objects you draw after that will explicitly have that property and it will override the corresponding property set BYLAYER.
- -for example, you could make Red the current color and new objects that you draw on any layer would then be red.
- Assigning object properties explicitly is not good CAD practice because you lose the ability to change objects BYLAYER. – you should avoid explicitly assigning object properties and assign object properties BYLAYER instead.