- You have learned in this document how to assign a variety of object properties BYLAYER
- you have even seen how to override these object properties in plots by using Plot styles.
- All of the object properties described in this document are governed by CAD standards.
- most professional drawings must conform to a drafting standard.
- the applicable standard depends on different factors such as the industry & country in which the drawings will be used.
- The subject of CAD standards is in constant debate and these standards are evolving with the CAD technology.
- the important point to realize is that you can define layers to make it easier for your drawings to match a specific standard.
- these layers should then be defined in your customized template drawings that you use to make new drawings.
- File + New
You will be learning about other important considerations for custom templates during the remainder of this course, such as
other customized settings
Preview a plot for the T107_5.dwg with the monochrome.ctb plot style table attached to the Clamping Screw layout.
use Pagesetup to attach this plot style table file and select an HP LaserJet.pc3 or equivalent plot device.
All objects should appear black on- screen when you Preview the plot.
What happens if you attach the ACAD.ctb plot style table file?
Preview a plot for each of the layouts in T107_7.dwg
copy the existing PHASE1.stb, PHASE2.stb & PHASE3.stb files
from your personal folder to the AutoCAD Plot Styles folder. attach the corresponding table file to each layout tab and select a plot device for each layout tab using Pagesetup.
Plot Preview Phase 1
Objects on the Building A layer plot RED while all other layers on this tab plot gray.