Text Mask allows to hide objects around a text with an empty area offset from the text by a specified value, to make the text more legible. You can create a Wipeout, a 3dface or a solid to mask objects around a text.
Correspondingly, how do you use text masks?
Considering this, how do I mask the background of text in AutoCAD? Double-click the text to begin editing the text. Then, in the Style panel of the Text Editor contextual ribbon, click the Background Mask button. The program displays the Background Mask dialog. Select the Use background mask checkbox to turn on a background mask.
Also, how do you mask in AutoCAD?
- Click Annotate tab Markup panel Wipeout. Find.
- Specify points in a sequence that defines the perimeter of the area to be masked. You can also enter p and click an existing polyline to use. The polyline must be closed, contain line segments only, and have zero width.
- Press Enter to end the command.
Moreover, how do I turn off text mask?Text masking (also known as “knockout text”) is a technique that allows us to display images, gradients, patterns, and even videos inside the shape of a piece of text.
How do I add text to a layer mask?
- We have an image and a text layer. Move the text layer below the image layer.
- Hold alt (option), hover over the image icon in the Layers Panel. Click when the down arrow appears.
- Unlike layer masks, the text is still editable, and will update the mask with the text. Simple!
What is background mask in AutoCAD?
Use Background Mask Puts an opaque background behind the text. Note: When you apply a background mask to text multiple columns only the column areas will be masked. The space between the columns commonly referred to as gutters will be unmasked.
Can you mask single line text in AutoCAD?
Single line text can be masked using the Wipeout command on the Markup panel of the Annotate tab. To create the Wipeout, select the tool and create a polygon to represent the area to be hidden.
What is a wipeout in AutoCAD?
The Wipeout command is used to hide some parts of the drawing without deleting them. It is an object of the background color, the borders of which have a different color and can be hidden.
How do I remove a mask in AutoCAD?
I type in WIPEOUT – enter, choose FRAMES-enter, choose ON enter. This will turn on the frames around masked text so that you can see them and erase them. Then you can use the same commands but choose OFF after FRAMES and it will turn off frames that you don’t erase.
How do I add a background mask to a block?
- Check the option “Multiple lines” and click the button “” to define the default value for the attribute.
- AutoCAD displays a simple text editor.
- From the context menu select the function “Background mask” and set its parameters.
How do you use wipeout in AutoCAD?
- On the ribbon, choose Annotate > Wipeout (in Markup).
- On the menu, choose Draw > Wipeout.
- On the Draw toolbar, click the Wipeout tool.
- Type wipeout and then press Enter.
- • Yes — Creates the wipeout and deletes the polyline used to create the wipeout.
How do I remove a layer mask?
How do I remove the hatch from text in Autocad?
- Double-click the hatch (not the hatch boundary).
- The Hatch Editor will open. Click Pick Points.
- Type S in the Command line and press Enter.
- The cursor will turn into a pickbox. Select each of the internal areas where you want to remove the hatch.
How do I convert text to Mtext in Autocad?
In the Express Tools tab>Text panel, use the Convert to Mtext tool (shown in Figure B–8) to combine multiple individual text objects to create one multi-line text object. When you start this command, you can select the individual single line text objects and then press