- Clean up and purge the AutoCAD drawing then consolidate the AutoCAD elements by type on separate layers.
- Link each DWG file into its own drafting view in Revit.
- Convert the DWG lines and hatches to Revit lines and filled regions.
Moreover, how do I convert AutoCAD DWG to Revit? Select the “Import DWG” icon on the ribbon. A window will open allowing you to browse for your chosen DWG file. Select the file and adjust the import settings at the bottom of the window. You will be able to match the DWG’s origin with the Revit origin, as well as modify the import colors of the Revit file.
Also, how do I convert AutoCAD information to Revit? Save the temporary Revit file, Open the working Project File, and import the views via the Insert Tab. –or- Open up your Revit Project File, Create a drafting view of the matching scale and copy/paste the details from the temporary file. Recreate all hatch areas in the destination file.
Additionally, can you open a DWG in Revit? Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
As many you asked, how do I export a 2D DWG file to Revit?
- Rotate your 3D view (or place camera) in the position you want to have your view in 2D.
- Place the view on the sheet (you can use empty sheet so you won’t need to delete tables later) and keep the sheet view active.
- Go to “R”>Export>CAD Formats>DWG (you can use DXF as well).
How import 3D AutoCAD to Revit?
- Open the project or family into which you want to import the 3D geometry.
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the Import CAD Formats dialog, for Files of type, select one of the following:
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file.
How do I import a DXF file into Revit?
- To import to a new file select: File Open Import CAD Formats. Get Started tab Launch panel Import CAD Formats.
- To import into a part file select: Manage tab Insert panel Import.
- To import into an assembly, select Assemble tab Component panel Place Imported CAD.
What file types can Revit open?
- CAD formats such as DWF, DWG, IFC, DGN, SAT.
- Image formats such as JPG, PNG, TIF, BMP.
- Other common formats such as HTML, TXT, gbXML, ODBC.
How do you find a DWG in Revit?
Start Ideate Explorer. Expand the list underneath the CAD Imports or CAD Links category. Select the checkbox next to an individual CAD Import or CAD Link and right-click to select Show Elements. Ideate Explorer will attempt to find a View where the CAD file is visible.
How do you convert 3D to 2d in Revit?
What is a CAD DXF File?
DXF is a CAD data file format developed by Autodesk. DXF files make it possible to share drawing data and text-based formats across different CAD applications.
How do I export a 3D view in Revit?
In the Project Browser, right-click the 3D view to export, and click Duplicate View Duplicate. The duplicate view displays in the drawing area. In the Project Browser, the duplicate view is named
How do you explode an imported CAD in Revit?
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode). The 3D solids are now preserved as free form elements.
How do I create a drafting view in Revit?
- Click View tab Create panel (Drafting View).
- In the New Drafting View dialog, enter a value for Name, and select a value for Scale.
- Click OK.
- In the Project Browser, expand Drafting Views to see the newly created drafting view listed.
How do you enter details in Revit?
From the Type Selector, select Detail View: Detail. On the Options Bar, select an appropriate detail scale. To reference another detail or drafting view, on the Reference panel, select Reference Other View, and select a view from the drop-down list.