You can easily convert 3D cad solids to Revit Families using CAD to RFA tool from PowerPack for Revit® available in Autodesk Exchange App Store. This command can be very useful for creating 2D and 3D Generic Model Families in Revit, using existent CAD blocks and geometry.
Similarly, can AutoCAD files be converted to Revit? There are a few methods for bringing CAD drawings into Revit. The easiest method is to simply import the drawing into a Revit drafting view and explode it.
Subsequently, how do I convert AutoCAD DWG to Revit?
Additionally, how do I convert 2D AutoCAD to 3D in Revit? There’s no way to “convert” a CAD file directly to a Revit model. You can link in various CAD files (plans, sections, elevations, details, etc.) to a Revit project, but you’ll just be using them as underlays. You’ll have to rebuild the entire building from scratch if you want a native Revit project.
Moreover, what 3D files can Revit import? Revit supports the import of ACIS objects contained in DWG, DXF, DGN, and SAT files. You can incorporate a Trimble® SketchUp® design into a Revit project to provide a starting point for the building model. You can import 3D geometry from supported file formats and applications.
How do you explode a CAD file in Revit?
- Select the import symbol.
- Click Modify | Imports in Families tab Import Instance panel Explode drop-down (Partial Explode) or (Full Explode). The 3D solids are now preserved as free form elements.
How do I create a DWG family in Revit?
- Click File tab New Family.
- In the New Family dialog, select a default family template (for example, Plumbing Fixture wall based.
- Open the view to import the DWG file into.
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
Can you draft in Revit?
Create a drafting view to provide details that are not part of the building model. Use the detailing tools on the Annotate tab to sketch the details. Click View tab Create panel (Drafting View). In the New Drafting View dialog, enter a value for Name, and select a value for Scale.
Can you convert DWG to IFC?
Revit supports the DWG file format. In Revit family, import DWG file and load this family into Revit project. Then try export model to IFC. It is possible to open the DWG file in Navisworks and use a third party Addin to export to IFC from Navisworks.
How do I edit an AutoCAD drawing in Revit?
- Open your CAD details and change them to 0 layers then delete the Hatch pattern in the CAD file. Clean up your CAD file before importing into Revit (By this we can get single line type in Revit). 2.
How do you make a 3D model in Revit?
How do you do 3D in Revit?
- Open a plan, section, or elevation view.
- Click View tab Create panel 3D View drop-down Camera.
- Click in the drawing area to place the camera.
- Drag the cursor to the desired target and click to place it.
How do I import OBJ into Revit?
Take the OBJ and Import it into 3DS Max. From there then you can Export it to DWG. That can then be brought into Revit. The options would be to Link to a Project, Import to a Family and then load into a Project, or Import to a Project.
What file format is Revit?
Revit natively outputs 3D models to the proprietary RVT file format with the . rvt file extension.
How do I import a Civil 3D surface into Revit?
- Go to a 3D View.
- From the “Massing and Site” ribbon tab, choose “Toposurface”
- From the “Modify | Edit Surface” ribbon tab, choose “Create from Import > Select Import Instance”
- Now select the linked DWG file.