- Click View tab Viewports panel New.
- In the Viewports dialog box, New Viewports tab, under Standard Viewports, select Single.
- Click to specify one corner of the new layout viewport.
- Click to specify the opposite corner. A new layout viewport object is available and displays a default view.
Additionally, how do you create a viewport in AutoCAD?
- If named views have not been saved in model space, click two points to define a rectangular view from expanded model space.
- If one or more named views were previously saved in model space, click to choose a named view from the gallery.
You asked, how do I make a custom viewport?
- If necessary, click a layout tab.
- Set the current layer to a layer that’s reserved for layout viewports (recommended).
- Click Layout tab Layout Viewports panel Rectangular, Polygonal, or Object.
- Follow the prompts.
In this regard, how do you activate model space viewports? Click the – or + control, and then the Viewport Configuration List to change the number and arrangement of viewports. Press CTRL while dragging viewport boundaries to display the green splitter bar and create new viewports. Alternatively, you can drag the outermost splitter controls.
Best answer for this question, how do you add a viewport scale in AutoCAD?
- Choose Options from the Application menu to open the Options dialog box.
- Select the User Preferences tab, and then click the Default Scale List button at the bottom of the dialog box.
- In the Default Scale List dialog box, click the Add button.
The Layout Viewports command creates and controls views of your drawing from a Layout tab. You must click a Layout tab before you use the Layout Viewports command. If this is the first time using that Layout tab, your drawing disappears. This is normal. You must create at least one layout viewport to see your drawing.
How do I view viewports in AutoCAD?
Go to the layout tab that contains the problem viewport. From the Properties palette, select the Quick Select button on the top right. On the Quick Select dialog box, set the Object type to Viewport and click OK.
How do you make an irregular viewport in AutoCAD?
If you need a non-rectangular viewport in paperspace, draw any closed polyline, circle or ellipse in a layout. Then run the _MVIEW command with the _Object option (or menu item: View-Viewports-Object) and so convert your outline entity to an irregular viewport.
How do you make an irregular viewport?
- Click the Clip tool in the Layout tab’s Layout Viewports panel.
- At the Select viewport to clip: prompt, click the viewport border.
- At the Select clipping object or [Polygonal]
: prompt, press ↵.
- Turn off Object Snap, and draw the outline shown in the top portion.
How do you edit a viewport in AutoCAD?
- Select the viewport.
- Select Modify > Edit Viewport.
- Click Design Layer and select the design layer to edit from the list.
- Choose how the design layer will display.
- If the viewport has been cropped, select Add Reference Crop Object to display the crop on the design layer.
Which ribbon tab can be used to create and configure viewports?
Step 2: Go to the View tab of the top ribbon of this software. You will find different components of viewport here in this bar.
What is the purpose of viewports?
Viewports allow you to create different views of the objects in your model space and display them on the printed page from different angles and at different scales.
How do you set a viewport scale?
- Select the layout viewport that you want to modify.
- Right-click, and then choose Properties.
- If necessary, click Display Locked and choose No.
- In the Properties palette, select Standard Scale, and then select a new scale from the list.
How do I add a scale to my layout?
- Select Window > Scaled Drawing.
- In the Scaled Drawing panel that appears, click Make Scaled Drawing.
- Choose a scale.
- (Optional) From the Length drop-down list, choose Decimal, Architectural, Engineering, or Fractional.
Why is my viewport scale not accurate?
Make sure your MEASUREMENT System Variable is set to 0 (Imperial) Make sure you are using 1″ (inch) as your unit and not 1′ (foot). (if you were then check your UNITS set to Inches) and also you will have to scale everything up a factor of 12. — Tracy W.
How many viewports are in AutoCAD?
There are two types of viewports in AutoCAD. Model Space viewports and Layout space viewports. Viewports are areas that display different views of your drawing and/or model.