Beside above, how do I export contour from Civil 3D? Change the surface style to display contours in Civil 3D. Click on the surface, from contextual ribbon click on Extract Objects. In the Extract Objects from Surface leave only Minor or Major contour checked (depending what kind of contour line you want to extract). Type MAPEXPORT and export this Line data out to a .
Best answer for this question, how do I export contour to AutoCAD? To export contours, you must ensure there exists a field titled ‘ELEVATION’ (Fields titled ELEV_FT, etc. will not work) in the attribute table. Right click on the contour layer, and click Open Attribute Table. If this field does not exist, click Options > Add Field. AutoCAD file will be saved.
Correspondingly, how do I export a surface from Civil 3D to AutoCAD?
- Set up your drawing so that all objects that you want to export are visible.
- Click Output tab Export panel Export Civil 3D Drawing Find.
- In the Export Autodesk Civil 3D Drawing dialog box, select AutoCAD DWG in the Export To File Type field.
Similarly, how do I import contours into AutoCAD?Select a surface. On the Surface tab, Surface Tools panel, click Extract Objects Find. If more than one surface is available in the drawing, in the Select a Surface dialog box, select the surface from which to extract components.
How do you make contour lines from surface Civil 3D?
- In Toolspace, on the Prospector tab, expand the surface Definition collection, right-click Contours, and click Add.
- In the Add Contour Data dialog box, enter the contour description in the Description field.
How do I export shapefile to CAD with attributes?
- STEP2: Then tick Feature Attributes and press “Specify” button.
- STEP3: Select Feature Attributes that you want to translate to AutoCAD.
- STEP4: In this example, select DHNAME and then press “–>” button.
- STEP5: Next, select COMPDATE and then press “–>” button.
How do I export Arcgis to CAD contours?
- Open the attribute table of the shapefile, add a new field of type Double and name it ‘Elevation’.
- Calculate the Elevation field equal to the field within the attribute table that contains the elevation values.
- Export the shapefile to CAD by navigating to ArcToolbox > Conversion Tools > To CAD > Export to CAD.
Where is the drape tool in AutoCAD?
On the Massing tool palette, select the Drape tool. Alternatively, you can click Home tab Build panel Box drop-down Drape. Select the polylines or AEC Polygons to represent contours, and press Enter. Specify whether the source contours should be deleted after creating the drape mass element, and press Enter.
How do I export a DXF file from Civil 3D?
- Verify that the drawing’s Model tab is selected.
- At the command line, enter UCS, and then enter World.
- Click Export DXF, and then click the version you want to use.
- Enter a filename, and specify a path, if necessary. The .
- Click Save.
How do I open AutoCAD in Civil 3D?
- Manage tab Insert panel Import. Optionally, 3D Model tab Create panel Import.
- In the applicable dialog box, set the Files of type to view the available files.
- Select the file to import and click open.
How do you add points to a point group?
To include points from other point groups, click the Point Groups tab and select the check box next to any point group you want to include. To include points using raw descriptions, click the Raw Desc Matching tab and select the check box next to the raw descriptions you want to match.
How do you check contour in AutoCAD?
- Click Analyze tab Ground Data panel Contour Check . At the Command prompt, enter CheckForContourProblems.
- If more than one surface is available in the drawing, click the surface on which to perform the check or press Enter to select a surface in the Select A Surface dialog box.
- Click OK.
How do you extract a polyline from a surface?
- Select the surface in the drawing.
- Click the “Extract from Surface” button in the contextual surface ribbon tab.
- Choose the “Extract objects” option.
- Check “Border” in the window that follows and click OK: