NOTE: Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based Edge browser) is now officially available for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. Visit our download Edge for Windows 7/8/8.1 article to download the Edge installer.
Best answer for this question, does Microsoft Edge run on Windows 8? Unlike the old Edge, the new Edge isn’t exclusive to Windows 10 and runs on macOS, Windows 7, and Windows 8.1. But there’s no support for Linux or Chromebooks. “This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update,” Microsoft said in a new support document.
Moreover, how do I make Windows 8 Edge my default browser? Swipe down the Settings screen and tap Set Microsoft Edge as default. A window appears asking if you want to set Microsoft Edge as your default browser. Tap the button for Yes, let’s do it. At the Default apps screen, select Browser app and choose Edge as the new default.
Furthermore, can Edge be installed on Windows 2008 R2? ** We will continue to support Microsoft Edge on Windows 7 and on Windows Server 2008 R2 until January 15, 2023. These operating systems are out of support and Microsoft recommends you move to a supported operating system such as Windows 10.
Also the question is, is Microsoft Edge only for Windows 10? The new Microsoft Edge is based on Chromium and was released on January 15, 2020. It is compatible with all supported versions of Windows, and macOS. With speed, performance, best in class compatibility for websites and extensions, and built-in privacy and security features, it’s the only browser you’ll ever need.Microsoft Edge is a free application if you are using a Windows 10 version , and there is no charge using the Edge browser it is part of the system.
- 1 Is Microsoft Edge the same as Internet Explorer?
- 2 How do I change my browser on Windows 8?
- 3 How do I remove Google Chrome as my default browser on Windows 8?
- 4 How do I make Google my default browser on Windows 8?
- 5 What versions of Microsoft Edge are supported?
- 6 Is Edge available for Windows 7?
- 7 Does Edge work on Server 2012 R2?
- 8 Should I use Edge or Chrome?
- 9 How do I install Microsoft Edge on Windows 7?
- 10 Is Edge better than Firefox?
Is Microsoft Edge the same as Internet Explorer?
Microsoft Edge is the faster, more secure browser recommended browser by Microsoft. Internet Explorer 11 will be retired and go out of support on June 15, 2022. The same Internet Explorer 11 apps and sites you use today can open in Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer mode.
How do I change my browser on Windows 8?
- Open the Control Panel from the Windows Start menu.
- In the Control Panel, click Programs.
- Select Default Programs.
- Select Set your default programs.
- From the list of installed programs on the left, choose your desired default browser.
How do I remove Google Chrome as my default browser on Windows 8?
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there from the Start menu.
- Select System.
- Click Default apps in the left pane.
- Click Microsoft Edge under the “Web browser” heading.
- Select the new browser (ex: Chrome) in the menu that pops up.
How do I make Google my default browser on Windows 8?
- On your computer, click the Start menu .
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs Default Programs. Set your default programs.
- On the left, select Google Chrome.
- Click Set this program as default.
- Click OK.
What versions of Microsoft Edge are supported?
The new Microsoft Edge is available for Windows 10, version 1903 and 1909.
Is Edge available for Windows 7?
NOTE: Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based Edge browser) is now officially available for Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1. Visit our download Edge for Windows 7/8/8.1 article to download the Edge installer. One can’t install the legacy Edge on Windows 7 as the Edge browser is built on the new Universal Windows Platform.
Does Edge work on Server 2012 R2?
We are awarded with the ability to choose the channel/version, build and platform for the installer of Microsoft Edge. Selecting the latest available and choosing the 64-bit version is an option as well. The install proceeds as it did on Windows Server 2012 R2. Edge gets added to the installed programs.
Should I use Edge or Chrome?
Since Edge moved to Chromium, the browsers are very similar, and which one works better for you is a personal choice. However, in a few areas, Edge has the edge. If you prioritize speed or low resource consumption, you should choose Microsoft Edge over Chrome.
How do I install Microsoft Edge on Windows 7?
- Click on the link to download Edge setup file depending on 32 Bit or 64 Bit, you want to install.
- Once the file is downloaded, turn off the internet on the PC.
- Run the setup file you have downloaded and install Edge.
- Once the installation completes, turn on the Internet and launch Edge.
Is Edge better than Firefox?
Out of the gate, Firefox has more features and integrations built into the browser and readily available on download. And while both browsers have a tremendous number of add-ons and extensions available, Edge’s compatibility with Google’s Chromium platform gives it the advantage in terms of sheer numbers.