Not only that but you can save your work as an RCS or RCP file which can be imported into most Autodesk software such as AutoCAD or Revit.
Also, what programs can open RCP files?
- Recomposer. See the previous paragraphs to learn more about the main application.
- Rich Chart Builder (Project) by Blue Pacific Software. Rich Chart Builder transforms your data charts into communication.
Also know, how do I view a point cloud in AutoCAD? You can use the Point Cloud Manager to display or hide separate regions (RCS files) within a point cloud project (RCP file). Double-click a scan in the Point Cloud Manager to view the point cloud from the vantage point of the camera location for the scan.
Moreover, how do I import RCP into Civil 3D?
- Open the file in ReCap.
- Save to either RCS or RCP.
- Attach the saved point cloud in Civil 3D.
People ask also, how do you convert RCP to Pts?
- Export from ReCap as . e57 or . pst file.
- Import to a Software like cloudcompare or meshlab (all open source)
- Optional create mesh.
- Save as . obj, . ply.
- Import to ReCap Photo.
- In AutoCAD, under Insert>Attach.
- Choose the .rcs file.
- Keep to these settings. Uncheck insertion point and scale.
- Done. 🙂
- Repeat Step 1. Insert>Attach.
- Ensure you’ve chosen a DWG.
- Uncheck scale and insertion point. This ensures your file is at Origin to Origin.
- Done. 🙂
- 1 What is a .RCS file?
- 2 How do I open a point cloud file?
- 3 What is the purpose of point cloud in AutoCAD?
- 4 What is the use of point cloud in AutoCAD?
- 5 How do I use point cloud in Civil 3d?
- 6 How do you scale point cloud recap?
- 7 How do I import a point cloud in AutoCAD 2021?
- 8 How do I edit an RCS file?
- 9 What is the difference between RCP and RCS?
- 10 How do I open an E57 file?
What is a .RCS file?
3D scene file used by RandomControl software products such as fryrender and Arion; stores a scene exported from a 3D modeling software application (that has the fryrender or Arion plugin); used for storing the scene in a format that can be submitted to the rendering engine.
How do I open a point cloud file?
- Open the Revit project.
- Click Insert tab Link panel (Point Cloud).
- Specify the file or files to link, as follows: For Look in, navigate to the location of the file(s).
- For Positioning, select:
- Click Open.
- For raw format files, you are prompted to index the data:
What is the purpose of point cloud in AutoCAD?
Instead of using Recap files, Undet offers its own point cloud engine that handles very large files efficiently and accelerates processing. The modeler retains control over each imported file to get the clearest possible point cloud view and quickly understand the structure of an object.
What is the use of point cloud in AutoCAD?
In AutoCAD, the Point Cloud Manager lets you view and manage point cloud projects, regions, and scans that were created in ReCap prior to being imported and attached to a drawing. To display the Point Cloud Manager, a point cloud attached to a drawing must be open and selected.
How do I use point cloud in Civil 3d?
How do you scale point cloud recap?
Re: Scaling a ReCap file. Type the UNITS command or under the application menu -> Drawing Utilities -> Units and change the Units Scale.
How do I import a point cloud in AutoCAD 2021?
- Click Insert tab > Point Cloud panel > Attach.
- In the Select Point Cloud File dialog box, find and select a scan (RCS) or reality capture project file (RCP) to attach.
- In the Attach Point Cloud dialog box, specify your preferences for insertion point, scale, and rotation.
How do I edit an RCS file?
If you want to edit the file, use the co -l command (the option is a lowercase L and stands for lock). While you have the file checked out and locked, no one else can edit it. When you’re done, return the file to RCS (check it in) using ci again.
What is the difference between RCP and RCS?
RCS files are scan files that contain the actual spatially indexed point cloud data. RCP files are project files that point to a number of RCS files and contain additional information such as scan regions, recorded distances, and annotations.
How do I open an E57 file?
- FARO Scene.
- RIEGL RiSCAN PRO.