Also the question is, how do I fix hidden lines in AutoCAD?
- At the Command prompt, enter HLSETTINGS.
- In the Hidden Line Settings dialog box, change the settings and click OK.
You asked, why can’t I see my lines in AutoCAD? Select the System tab and click Graphics Performance. Leave Hardware Acceleration on, but uncheck the other options, as pictured below. Click OK, and try adjusting the lines again.
Best answer for this question, how do I unhide in AutoCAD?
- Right-click the CAD drawing, point to CAD Drawing Object, and then click Properties.
- Click the Layer tab.
- Select the layer, and click the Visible field.
Correspondingly, how do you make a line invisible in AutoCAD?
- At the Command prompt, enter AM2DHIDE.
- Select the elements representing the foreground . The blue plate with the hole is the foreground. The Hide Situation dialog box appears.
- In the background tab select Invisible on Layer AM_9.
Why are my dashed lines not showing in paper space AutoCAD?
In most cases, your issue will be related to linetype scale (LTSCALE) as it relates to Paper Space linetype scale (PSLTSCALE). However, you may have your measurement units mistakenly set to Metric when your drawing is meant to be in Imperial units (or vice versa), which can also affect the appearance of dashed lines.
How do I show linetypes in AutoCAD?
How do I enable linetypes in AutoCAD?
You can change this setting with a simple system variable. Type PLINEGEN in the Command line, and press Enter. When prompted to Enter new value for PLINEGEN, type 1 and press Enter. Linetype Generation will now be set to “on” (“enabled”) for your polylines.
When using HIDE or ISOLATE in a drawing, the objects are either hidden or isolated for clarity. What happens to the layers of hidden or isolated objects? The hidden and isolated object layers go on to their own layer. The isolated object layers stay on; all other layers are turned off in the Layer Properties Manager.
Which icon is used to isolate or hide objects?
How do I turn off isolate layers in AutoCAD?
- Begin the LAYISO command.
- Before you click anything look at the command line.
- Select the “Settings” option.
- By default the “Lock and fade” options is set. Select the “Off” setting.
- Verify the “Off” setting is also set for the paper space viewport option.
- Continue to use the command as you normally would.
A hidden line, also known as a hidden object line is a medium weight line, made of short dashes about 1/8” long with 1/16”gaps, to show edges, surfaces and corners which cannot be seen. Sometimes they are used to make a drawing easier to understand. Often they are omitted in an isometric view. Section Line.
How do you hide edges in AutoCAD?
How do I hide viewport lines in AutoCAD?
- Switch to the layout that contains the viewport border that you do not want plotted.
- On the Object Properties toolbar, click the Layers toolbar button.
- In the Layers dialog box, click New.
- Name the new layer.
- Click the Freeze Layer icon for the new layer.
- Click OK to close the dialog box.