- Open file > Save As a new file.
- Assign Coordinate System. App menu > Drawing Utilities > Drawing Settings > Units and Zones tab > Zone.
- Extract triangles. Select surface > Right-click > Surface Properties > …
- Change the color of triangles.
- Export KMZ file.
Frequent question, can you export KMZ from AutoCAD? You can export the file to . kml (uncompressed) or . kmz (compressed) format.
Best answer for this question, how do I convert AutoCAD to KML?
- At the command line, enter MAPEXPORT and press
- In the Export Location dialog box, select the Google KML file format and a location for the exported files.
- In the Export dialog box, specify how to export objects.
- On the Selection tab, specify the objects to export.
Also the question is, how do I create a KMZ file in Civil 3D? Alternatively, use the Coordinate Systems tab in the AutoCAD Map Options dialog box. Use the MapExport command and export the alignment polyline as a SHP file. In Google Earth Pro, use File / Import to import your SHP file. In Google Earth Pro, use File / Save Place As and create your KMZ file.
Amazingly, what is the difference between KML and KMZ? KML is an open standard of the Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC). KML can include both raster and vector data, and the file includes symbolization. KML files are like HTML, and only contains links to icons and raster layers. A KMZ file combines the images with the KML into a single zipped file.
- 1 How do I export a shapefile from Civil 3D?
- 2 How do I export KML from Civil 3D?
- 3 How do I import a DWG file into Google Earth?
- 4 How do I import a KMZ file into Google Earth?
- 5 Where is spatial manager in AutoCAD?
- 6 What is a KML file in Google Earth?
- 7 How do I convert a CAD file?
- 8 How do I export a shapefile from AutoCAD?
- 9 What is a KMZ file?
- 10 What program opens KMZ files?
How do I export a shapefile from Civil 3D?
Export Location: Choose Files of type:ESRI Shapefile (*. shp), enter a file name, and OK. The Export dialog box will appear. Selection tab > Select objects to export: Choose either Select all to include all linework in the drawing, or choose Select manually.
How do I export KML from Civil 3D?
In the Toolspace, on the Toolbox tab, expand Miscellaneous Utilities Export KML. Double-click Export KML. On the General page of the Export KML wizard, specify place information for the file.
How do I import a DWG file into Google Earth?
- Step 1: Open Google Earth and create a placemark, path or polygon, or simply load an existing KML/KMZ file.
- Step 2: Right-click on the polygon, and select “Copy”
- Step 3: Open your AutoCAD drawing, right-click and select “Clipboard” → Paste, or simply press Ctrl-V.
How do I import a KMZ file into Google Earth?
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Earth app .
- Tap Menu Projects .
- At the top, tap Open.
- Tap the file you want to add.
- To return to the map and open the file, tap Back .
Where is spatial manager in AutoCAD?
- Start AutoCAD and create a new drawing.
- Options to access the application Commands. New “Spatial Manager” tab in the AutoCAD Ribbon (if the Ribbon is available) New “Spatial Manager” Toolbar. New “Spatial Manager” drop-down Menu.
What is a KML file in Google Earth?
You can use Keyhole Markup Language (KML) files to view and share Google Earth information. These files store geographic data and content associated with Google Earth. Learn more about KML files.
How do I convert a CAD file?
- In Acrobat, select Tools, then Create PDF.
- Select Single File, then Select a File from the options menu.
- Upload your CAD file.
- Click or tap on Create. This converts your selected file to a PDF.
- Save your PDF to your desired location.
How do I export a shapefile from AutoCAD?
Browse to where you want to save the new shapefile. Name the shapefile. Select Save. Select OK in the “Export Data” window.
What is a KMZ file?
What is a KMZ File? A KMZ file consists of a main KML file and zero or more supporting files that are packaged using a Zip utility into one unit, called an archive. The KMZ file can then be stored and emailed as a single entity. A NetworkLink can fetch a KMZ file from a web server.
What program opens KMZ files?
The Google Earth Pro desktop application is a common choice for opening KMZ files. To open a KMZ file with Google Earth Pro, select File → Open…. You can also open a KMZ file in Google Maps by saving the KMZ file to an online location and then typing the URL in the Google Maps search box.