- Select the required surface.
- Select Surface Properties (from the ribbon, Prospector or right mouse button)
- Select the Statistics tab.
- Open the ‘Extended’ group.
- The 2D and 3D surface area are displayed as shown.
People ask also, what is surface in Civil 3D? A surface is a 3D view of the land that can represent existing conditions, proposed conditions, or any other scenario involving the group’s surface. Understanding what they are and how to work with them is fundamentally important for Civil 3D users.
Furthermore, can you scale a surface in Civil 3D? When you use the scale command in civil 3d it scales a surface (or any object) in the x, y, and z direction.
Frequent question, how do you display surface points in Civil 3D?
Correspondingly, how do you use catchments in Civil 3D?
- Click Analyze tab Ground Data panel Catchments drop-down Create Catchment From Surface Find.
- Click in the drawing to specify the discharge point.
- Use the Create Catchment From Surface dialog box to define the catchment properties and click OK.
A surface is a three-dimensional geometric representation of an area of land, or, in the case of volume surfaces, is a difference or composite between two surface areas. Surfaces are made up of triangles or grids, which are created when AutoCAD Civil 3D connects the points that make up the surface data.
How do you make a 3D surface in AutoCAD?
- Create surfaces from profiles. Create surfaces from profile shapes composed of lines and curves with EXTRUDE, LOFT, PLANESURF, REVOLVE, SURFNETWORK, and SWEEP.
- Create surfaces from other surfaces.
- Convert objects into procedural surfaces.
- Convert procedural surfaces into NURBS surfaces.
How do you scale surface area in AutoCAD?
- Create a copy of the original surface.
- Create a block of the copied surface.
- Scale the block from base point 0,0.
- From the properties of the block, change the “Scale Z” property to 1.
- Explode the block (it will be a surface again)
How do you scale a drawing in Civil 3D?
How do you make a scale in Civil 3D?
- Switch to a paper space layout.
- Add a scale bar and link it to the viewport to scale.
- Select the scale bar and click .
- From the drop-down list, select Scale Bar Properties.
- In the Scale Bar Properties dialog box that displays, select a ratio from the list or enter your own value.
How do I edit a surface style in Civil 3D?
How do I change 3D points in AutoCAD?
Select a point in the drawing, right-click Properties. On the Design tab expand the Autodesk Civil 3D section to display the point properties for Display, Information, Coordinate, and Labeling. To change a property, click in the cell and enter a new value or select a value from the list.
How do I add a point to a group in surface Civil 3D?
Right-click on the Point Groups subdirectory. Click Add. The point group you created should be on the list. Choose it and click Apply and click OK.
What is watershed in Civil 3D?
For each drain target in a surface, Autodesk Civil 3D determines the region of the surface that drains to that target. This region is called the watershed for that drain target.
What is contour in Civil 3D?
Contours are graphical illustrations of surface elevation changes. You can create a surface from contours drawn as 2D or 3D polylines where each unique polyline contains points that are all at the same elevation.
How do you calculate catchment area for a drain?
It is simple. Just use your geometrical skills to calculate rooftop area or any other catchment area of small size. Using some simple multiplication and additions you can come up with the catchment area value in square meter. Measure length and width of the roof in meters and multiply both to get area in square meters.