Occasionally, when you are creating a surface in Civil 3D, you may only have polyline contours that are elevated to create your surface from. This can be from a DGN file or a shape file that contained contours or any other elevated polyline contours in a file.
In this regard, how do I convert polylines to surface?
People ask also, how do you move a polyline to a surface in Civil 3D?
- In the command line, type FEATUREELEVSFROMSURF command.
- Select the surface to which the object will be projected.
- Select the desired object(s).
Likewise, how do I convert 3D polyline to surface in Autocad? You can use the SURFPATCH command to convert a closed 3D polyline to a surface patch (3D surface). The command option _Curves and selection of the boundary control curve will create a patch surface associative to this curve.
You asked, how do I convert lines to surface in Autocad?
- Click Modeling tab > Surface panel > Convert to Surface.
- Select the objects you want to convert and press Enter. You can convert 2D solids, meshes, regions, planar 3D faces, and polylines, lines, and arcs with thickness.
How do you convert polyline to contour?
Create a surface, open the definition tab, add the polylines (that have valid elevations) to the surface as Contour data. Note that contour data alone is not a preferred way to define a surface as breakline, point data and boundaries are absent and likely played a role in creating those polylines you call contours.
How do you make a surface in Civil 3D?
Go to the Prospector tab in Toolspace and right click on Surfaces, select Create Surface. Alternatively, you can type CREATESURFACE at the command line. Either method will bring the Create Surface Dialogue Box up as shown below.
How do you create a surface from points in Civil 3D?
- Set the desired settings and click OK to create an empty surface.
- Expand the Surface node in Prospector.
- Right click Point Groups and select Add.
How do you make a polyline into a 3D face?
How do you drape a 3D polyline in Civil 3D?
How do you convert a polyline to a 3D polyline?
- Click Modify tab Design panel Convert 3D To 2D Polylines Find.
- Select the polyline(s) to convert. Press Enter.
How do I add a 3d polyline to my surface?
How do you make a 3d surface in Autocad?
- Create surfaces from profiles. Create surfaces from profile shapes composed of lines and curves with EXTRUDE, LOFT, PLANESURF, REVOLVE, SURFNETWORK, and SWEEP.
- Create surfaces from other surfaces.
- Convert objects into procedural surfaces.
- Convert procedural surfaces into NURBS surfaces.
What are Breaklines in Civil 3d?
Breaklines are line data that can improve a surface. They provide more information to the surface and influence how it is triangulated. Adding a breakline forces the surface to create triangles connecting the vertices on the breakline.
How do you make a surface model?
- Select Create surface model command from the Output pulldown menu.
- Select a Point class to use for surface creation and click OK.
- Define settings and click OK.
- Enter a descriptive name for the new surface, define other settings if required, and click OK.