Autodesk Network License Server Manager requirements and setup procedure on the Windows operating system.
To set up a license server for Windows, perform the following:
- Download and install the Network License Manager for Windows:
- Open LMTools and access the System Settings tab. Make a note of the “hostname” and “ethernet address” of the license server.
- Generate a Network License File in Autodesk Account.
- On the Service/License tab, select Configuration Using Services and LMTOOLS ignores license file path environment variables.
- On the Config Services tab, enter a name for the new service in the Service Name field.
- Fill the following fields, using the Browse buttons:
- Path to the lmgrd.exe – Navigate to this file: C:AutodeskNetwork License Manager.
- Path to the License file – Navigate to the new Autodesk.lic file, typically placed in: C:AutodeskNetwork License ManagerLicenses.
- Path to the Debug Log file: C:AutodeskNetwork License Manager.
- If no file is present, create a TXT file in Notepad and rename it “Debug.log.”
- Make sure the “Start Server at Power Up” and the “Use Services” boxes are checked. Then click Save Services.
- On the Start/Stop/Reread tab, click Start Server.
- On the Server Status tab, click Perform Status Enquiry.
- Licenses should display as active.
A step-by-step video tutorial can be found here below.
- How to point multi-user licensed Autodesk products to a new license server
- How to set exceptions for Autodesk Network License Manager in Windows Firewall
- How to change the assigned ports on an Autodesk license server and client
- How to set up the Autodesk Network License Manager on Linux
- How to set up the Autodesk Network License Manager on a Mac
- “Network License Not Available – Error [0.0.0]” when starting Autodesk software
All Desktop Products;