AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1, which includes the three previously published AutoCAD 2017 hotfixes, resolves several identified AutoCAD 2017 issues. Details below.
To download Service Pack 1, and get more guidance, visit the Autodesk Knowledge Network AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1 page.
You can also download Service Pack 1 via …
Do you use add-ins for AutoCAD 2017 or AutoCAD 2017-based vertical products?
A new AutoCAD 2017 hotfix, available now, addresses an Exchange Apps problem introduced by Service Pack 1. Take a moment to visit the Autodesk Knowledge Network AutoCAD 2017 Exchange App autoloader hotfix page.
Are you running any AutoCAD-based vertical products? Remember: You need to install this AutoCAD service pack in addition to the service pack(s) for your vertical product(s).
The following information is lifted verbatim from the AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1 Readme page. (It goes without saying but I’ll say it anyway: Read the Readme for install guidance and additional details.)
AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1: Problems Reported with the Customer Error Reporting Utility
As a result of the detailed information that we received from customers who used the Customer Error Reporting Utility, we were able to identify and fix the problems listed below.
- There were occasional crashes when inserting some blocks a second time.
- There were occasional crashes when zooming out of a drawing following the 3D orbit command.
- There were occasional crashes when purging DXF drawing files.
Web and Cloud
- There were occasional crashes when modifying the Online Options settings and signing in to Autodesk A360 from InfoCenter.
- There were occasional crashes when launching AutoCAD in Windows 10.
- There were occasional crashes when inputting the system time in long string format, and then using the DIM command.
- There were occasional crashes when switching layouts.
- There were occasional crashes when performing a 3D rotate in drawings containing a point cloud.
- There were occasional crashes when plotting to PDF using AccoreConsole.exe.
- There were occasional crashes when performing an Undo after detaching a reference using the External References palette.
- There were occasional crashes when PNG images were specified in a CUI resource file.
AutoCAD 2017 Service Pack 1: General Service Pack Updates
The following defects have been fixed:
- Xrefs on a frozen viewport layer would still be plotted.
- AutoCAD in Citrix might not default to the primary display adapter.
Open and Save
- Opening a drawing file using an Excel hyperlink was repositioning the AutoCAD application window.
- Importing a PDF Underlay that was attached with relative path could fail.
- The Xref status incorrectly displays the “Needs reloading” message when the dataset is opened from a UNC path to a shared folder.
- When opening drawings created with AutoCAD Architecture, AutoCAD might crash if the drawing was saved again.
- Plotting with certain visual styles might produce incorrect results.
- Migrating custom settings might fail.